Communities in Colorado are required to have programs that:
- Provide education and outreach to businesses and residents on stormwater pollution prevention.
- Control illegal discharges to the storm drainage system through detection and enforcement.
- Ensure construction sites are managed properly so dirt, paint, concrete, automotive fluids and other harmful substances do not leave the site.
- Verify structural stormwater controls, such as detention ponds, are installed at developed sites and are properly maintained.
- Conduct municipal operations in a manner protective of water quality.
See our map to find your community’s stormwater coordinator.
Report a Spill
If you see something, say something! Call the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment at 1-877-518-5608 or contact your local stormwater coordinator. Refer to the map for your community’s contact.
Be prepared to provide:
- Date and time
- Estimated volume of release
- Type of contaminant (oil, chemicals, wastewater, etc.)
- Potentially responsible party
In case of an emergency, call 911.