DEFINITION OF WORK
Performs manual labor, operates a variety of construction and maintenance equipment, and assists in inspection, maintenance, and construction of the stormwater system. Class ‘A’ Colorado driver’s license is preferred for this position. This position may require availability as an On-Call Employee to work outside of SEMSWA’s normal office hours on a rotating schedule.
Works under direct supervision of the Drainage Crew Supervisor.
May be asked to train other drainage crew technicians or oversee the work of seasonal employees.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non-essential or marginal duties that may be required. The duties or essential functions of this job may be modified at any time.
• Operates and maintains light equipment including, but not limited to skid steer loader, backhoe, and compactor.
• Operates and maintains power tools including but not limited to mower, trimmer, chainsaw, and a variety of hand tools.
• Operates and maintains all equipment used in trench work for both excavating and back filling and equipment used for cleaning and clearing storm sewer lines. • Drives and assists with the operation of the vacuum truck for potholing, maintenance, and cleaning.
• Installs new storm sewer pipes, manholes, manhole frames and lids, inlets and grates, riprap, and bedding material.
• Inspects, repairs, seals, and maintains free flowing conditions in storm sewer pipes, inlets, drain pans, road-side ditches, and culverts; if appropriate adjusts manholes; adjusts storm sewer pipes to ensure positive flow; patches streets and sidewalks; installs chase drains, and erects and repairs fences.
• Performs repairs on defective storm sewer pipes and other areas of the storm drainage system.
• Enters and works in confined spaces.
• Fills out and completes work orders and field complaint forms as work is finished.
• Inspects citizen and stakeholder complaints and prepares field investigation reports.
• Performs routine preventive maintenance on all equipment per manufacturer’s recommendations.
• Understands and practices all safety procedures outlined by federal, state, local, and SEMSWA requirements.
• Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
• Understands and carries out oral and written directions.
• Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
• Performs other duties as assigned.