SEMSWA has an immediate opening for a full-time, non-exempt Drainage Technician position. This position performs manual labor, operates a variety of construction and maintenance equipment, and assists in inspection, maintenance, and construction of the stormwater system. A Class “A” Colorado driver’s license is preferred for this position. This position may require availability as an On-Call Employee to work outside of SEMSWA’s normal office hours on a rotating schedule.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates and maintains light equipment including, but not limited to skid steer loader, backhoe, and compactor.
- Operates and maintains power tools including but not limited to mower, trimmer, chainsaw, and a variety of hand tools.
- Operates and maintains all equipment used in trench work for both excavating and back filling and equipment used for cleaning and clearing storm sewer lines.
- Drives and assists with the operation of the vacuum truck for potholing, maintenance, and cleaning.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn Arapahoe County, City of Centennial, and water district maps, and County/Centennial roadway network.
- Knowledge of storm water collection systems and tools, equipment, materials used to maintain and repair system.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions. Ability to read, interpret, and apply general procedures to specific work applications.
- Ability to effectively serve customers requesting assistance on stormwater related issues, and to use tact and diplomacy in dealing with occasionally hostile customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possession of a commercial, Class ‘A’ Colorado driver’s license is preferred.
- A satisfactory driving record is required.
- General experience in construction, drainage system maintenance, or erosion control is desirable.
Salary and Benefits:
- $21.81/hour to $29.51/hour
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – full employee coverage and partial dependent coverage
- Employer HSA contribution
- Group Life Insurance – fully paid by SEMSWA
- Short and Long-Term Disability Protection – fully paid by SEMSWA
- Flexible Benefit Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- 11 Paid Holidays Per Year
- Vacation, Sick Leave, and Personal Day
- Matching Funds Retirement Programs
This is an immediate opening and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Our Employment Application can be found at: