Want to thrive in an organization that fosters a respectful and energetic work environment? SEMSWA has a positive, productive, and rewarding workplace culture that supports employee growth and development. It is a dynamic organization responsible for specialized engineering, water quality
compliance, capital construction and maintenance in providing stormwater and floodplain management for residents and businesses in the City of Centennial and unincorporated Arapahoe County. SEMSWA has an immediate opening for a full-time, exempt position Floodplain/Master Planning Engineer. This position provides engineering support and expertise in the fields of floodplain management and master planning.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide floodplain review and comment on public and private projects from pre-application
to project closeout
• Provide technical expertise, guidance, and support to other SEMSWA programs and external
parties regarding master plans and floodplain-related activities.
• Coordinate Major Drainageway Master Plan efforts with Mile High Flood District (MHFD)
• Assists with public education and outreach
• Knowledge of hydrology, hydraulics, floodplain management concepts, and regulatory
requirements associated with floodplain management
• Knowledge of MHFD drainage basin master planning processes
• Ability to facilitate regional level stormwater solutions on a watershed basis and adherence
to basin master plans
• Knowledge of the technical and practical aspects of engineering analysis, construction, and
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated interest and ability in maintaining technical proficiency
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, with major course work in civil
engineering or other closely related field required.
• Four (4) years of water resource engineering experience, including watershed master planning,
floodplain management related experience with familiarity in preparation of floodplain studies,
hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, plan review, and GIS.
• Prefer some land development review experience.
• Possession of an Engineering Intern (EI) Certification. A Professional Engineer License in the State
of Colorado is preferred or can obtain with 2 years of hiring.
• Prefer Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) Certificate or can obtain within 6 months of
• Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record required.
Salary and Benefits:
• Hiring range $79,300 to $90,500 annually
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance – full employee coverage and partial dependent coverage
• Employer HSA contribution
• Group Life Insurance – fully paid by SEMSWA
• Short and Long-Term Disability Protection – fully paid by SEMSWA
• Flexible Benefit Plan
• Employee Assistance Program
• 11 Paid Holidays Per Year
• Vacation, Sick Leave, and Personal Day
• Matching Funds Retirement Programs
This is an immediate opening and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Our
Employment Application can be found at:
Please forward your resume and/or Employment Application to Carolyn Frainier at email@example.com or FAX to 303-267-9551.