Southeast Metro Stormwater Authority (SEMSWA) has an immediate opening for a full-time, FLSA exempt position as Floodplain/Master Planning Engineer or Floodplain/Master Planning Engineer Level I, dependent on qualifications. SEMSWA fosters a respectful and energetic work environment and a positive, productive, and rewarding workplace culture that supports employee growth and development. It is a dynamic organization responsible for specialized engineering, water quality compliance, capital construction and maintenance in providing stormwater and floodplain management for residents and businesses in the City of Centennial and unincorporated Arapahoe County.
DEFINITION OF WORK
The Floodplain/Master Planning Engineer performs independent engineering work and expertise in the fields of floodplain management and master planning. The Floodplain/Master Planning Engineer Level I position would perform these duties and responsibilities under direct supervision. The work associated with these positions can, at present, be performed with a combination of in-office and remote work (hybrid schedule).
Works under direct supervision of the Floodplain Manager and the Land Development Engineering Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides review and comment on public and private projects from pre-application to project closeout to ensure projects meet floodplain management and other environmental regulatory requirements and satisfy adopted standards and criteria.
• Provides technical expertise, guidance, and support to other SEMSWA programs and external parties regarding master plans and floodplain-related activities. Floodplain/Master Planning Engineer or Engineer I page 2 of 3 2022.05.02
• Assists or coordinates Major Drainageway Master Plan efforts with the Mile High Flood District (MHFD), including managing internal master plan reviews and evaluating master planning needs.
• Research past and present development cases, floodplain codes, and other documents for pre-applications, floodplain concerns, Major Drainageway Master Planning studies, and other projects.
• Assists with public education and outreach, including responding to floodplain inquiries and attending outreach events