Southeast Metro Stormwater Authority (SEMSWA) has an immediate opening for a full-time, FLSA exempt position as Floodplain/Master Planning Engineer or Floodplain/Master Planning Engineer Level I, dependent on qualifications. SEMSWA fosters a respectful and energetic work environment and a positive, productive, and rewarding workplace culture that supports employee growth and development. It is a dynamic organization responsible for specialized engineering, water quality compliance, capital construction and maintenance in providing stormwater and floodplain management for residents and businesses in the City of Centennial and unincorporated Arapahoe County.
DEFINITION OF WORK
The Land Development Engineer performs independent engineering work related to the coordination, review, and approval of stormwater design and improvements associated with land development, capital improvement, and public works projects. The Land Development Engineer Level I would perform these duties and responsibilities under direct supervision. The work
associated with these positions can, at present, be performed with a combination of in-office and remote work (hybrid schedule).
Works under the supervision of the Land Development Engineering Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides engineering review and comments on subdivision plats, plans, drainage reports, construction drawings, agreements, and other related documents. Public and private projects are reviewed from pre-application through project closeout to ensure stormwater standards and criteria are met, and compliance with the MS4 permit and other regulatory requirements.
• Coordinates the review, approval, and permitting of engineering projects with land use agencies, and applicants.
• Researches past and present development cases, development codes, and other documents for pre-applications, drainage concerns, Major Drainageway Master Planning studies and other projects.
• Provides technical expertise, guidance, and support to other SEMSWA programs and external parties regarding stormwater management principles, policy and design, and engineering construction standards and criteria.
• Initiates meetings and other communication with partner agency staff, design engineers and developers as necessary to resolve issues and to enable project approvals.
• Performs other duties as assigned, which may include but not limited to assisting in development of standards, and fee studies.
• Provides engineering review of Major Drainageway Master Plans and provides comments with respect to past, present, and future development cases and development codes.