The Centennial Water and Sanitation District which serves Highlands Ranch is looking for a public works support specialist to assist public works staff in various activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In support of the Contract Administrator and Project Managers, works with Finance and Accounting on project payments to verify accuracy of submittals and provide internal cost tracking when necessary.
- Assists in implementing programs and managing documentation for compliance with the Highlands Ranch Metro District’s MS4 permit.
- Assists in the preparation of, or develops, engineering plans and specifications, required advertising for bids, administers bidding process as it relates to distribution of plans and specifications, addenda, reviews and provides summary of construction bids for accuracy.
- Assists with general administrative support for the functions of the department including recordkeeping of board communications, and other records included in the Districts database system (Docuware). Works with administrative staff on contract document preparation, project administration, and backup for some positions within the department.
- Provides point of contact for plan review for residential and commercial projects requiring review and approval by HRMD/Centennial. Provides project tracking and acts as interface with other agencies involved in development such as Douglas County.
- Provides initial review of private project development plans for compliance with submittal requirements, codes, regulations, and standards, adequacy of applications and compliance with rules and regulations.
- Assist in providing support to the Public Works Department, assisting with special projects, data entry, data compilation, and analysis for ongoing contract work or projects.
- Assists in the preparation and updating of project schedules