The Colorado Stormwater Council (CSC) is an organization for local governments who own a storm drainage system and are required to have a municipal permit (National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) for the discharge from those systems to state waters. In the State of Colorado, the Colorado Department of Public Health and the Environment (CDPHE) is responsible for regulating the discharge of stormwater by issuing discharge permits through the Colorado Discharge Permit System.
The CSC acts as a forum for municipalities and municipal permit holders which
- Enables exchange of technical information regarding stormwater regulations and compliance with permits.
- Serves as a voice for its members during regulatory procedures, meetings and hearings.
- Educates members on all aspects of stormwater: legislation, permitting, technology, resources, program management, and more.
- Aids in the development and implementation of stormwater programs at local and regional levels.
CSC provides representation of 79 local governments and organizations in the State regulatory processes, working closely with the Water Quality Control Division to streamline permit renewal processes, providing experienced and innovative solutions for incorporation into draft permits, and collaborating in the production of stormwater related education and outreach materials.
Other accomplishments include:
- Winner of the 2007 Public Works Program Award for Environmental Design/Maintenance/Operations
- Winner of the 2019 National Association of Flood & Stormwater Management Agencies (NAFSMA) Award for Water Quality Communications
Committees and Chairpersons
- Education and Outreach - Jerry Cordova, City of Colorado Springs
- Permit Compliance - Rebecca Wertz, City of Thornton
- Construction - Jacob Moyer, City of Westminster
- Legislative - Pam Acre, City of Northglenn
- Non-Standards - Forrest Dykstra, Highlands Ranch Metro District
- Technical Resource Advisory - Jeremiah Unger, CDOT
- Operations and Maintenance - Christina Jan, City of Greeley
- Chair - Pat O'Connell, Jefferson County
- Vice Chair - Wendi Knutsen, City of Colorado Springs
- Secretary - Lyndsay Holbrook, Weld County
- Treasurer - Carrie Gudorf, Mesa County
Request More Info
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.